While 2012 was a veritable feast of gaming, it seems this was unsustainable; you might have noticed that the 3-5 posts per week last year have tailed off to one per week or less now.
LOOKING BACK (OVER MY SHOULDER)
I began the year with four goals; what did I achieve?
- Shepherd at least one ATZ party through to 28 Months Later, namely April 2015. Failed.
- Finish painting all my unpainted figures. Succeeded.
- Finish the planned two-year Beasts & Barbarians campaign, Shadows of Keron. Campaign extended.
- Start a new campaign to replace it. Not yet required.
Not sure how to score that overall, but I’m dropping goals now – I get enough of that malarkey at work.
THE FUTURE’S SO BRIGHT I GOTTA WEAR SHADES
But what does it hold? I hear you ask. Tighter focus, I think, to make better use of increasingly limited time.
- As a GM and solo gamer, I expect to focus on Savage Worlds and All Things Zombie. Mythic is likely to reappear as a way of reducing prep time still further. (In honesty, it’s getting harder to motivate myself to try new games. Or settings, come to that.)
- Given the above, reviews will be fewer and farther between. It’s unlikely I’ll give up buying stuff altogether, but I think I can limit myself to items for the above two games. (The wishlist includes the Savage Worlds Sci-Fi Companion, and the Fringeworthy and Last Parsec settings, as well as High Rise to Hell for ATZ.) Of course, if I’m only reviewing half-a-dozen items per year, there’s no point doing a “Top Five of the Year” post, so expect that to expire.
- Finally, I’ll adopt a new look for the blog from the WordPress themes. Watch out for that as soon as I can be bothered!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all! I’ll see you on the other side…