I weakened, and got the full set of Beasts & Barbarians adventures. Then I printed off a copy of the Dread Sea Dominions map, marked each one on it, and used them as waypoints in the party’s route from the Independent Cities to Gis.
With these as the skeleton, I can repurpose a number of Pinnacle’s One-Shots to space out the B&B scenarios, or drop in tweaked sites generated from Sine Nomine’s Red Tide.
After some thought, I arrived at this sequence:
- The Carnival at Nal Sagath (1 session). Complete. Strictly speaking, this is east of Gis in the Borderlands, but I moved it into the Independent Cities.
- Death of a Tyrant (estimated 4 sessions). Next up; this will take the party from the Independent Cities into the Red Desert, and will take us through February.
- Citadel of the Winged Gods (estimated 4 sessions). The heroes move east into southeast Kyros.
- The Skinner of Syranthia (estimated 3 sessions). Moving on to Kenaton, the PCs take ship along the Sword River, and thence to Syranthia, where they board a ship which will take them past Ascaia and Felantium before reaching Gis.
- Arrive at Gis.
- Vengeance of the Branded Devils (estimated 1 session, introductory scenario in the setting book).
- The Cliffs Queen’s Court (estimated 1 session).
- Wolves in the Borderlands (estimated 1 session).
Two things stand out for me from skimming the B&B scenarios; first, that the PCs are assumed to be soldiers, mercenaries or caravan guards in most of them – that’s not a problem, but some tweaking is required for my current group, and if I’d known they’d wind up here when they were created I would have mentioned to the players that military characters would be a good fit. Second, that a number of the scenarios revolve around rescuing damsels in distress, which is true to the genre, but may become repetitive for the group.